Friday, October 3, 2008

Summer Luvin' Had Us A Blast!!!

So I know this is WAY late but that is just the way my life seems to work. We had a lot of fun this summer & I am getting sad to see the warm weather leaving us. In fact I am starting to get a little panicky about being couped up in inside for the next 6 or 7 months. All of you with an almost 3 and almost 4 year old can relate to my anxiety. Anyways... Here is a very brief summary of our summer:
* In June we were able to attend my cousin Chantel & Clay's wedding. It was a lot of fun. It seems like just yesterday I was babysitting her & my little sister & we were playing circus & doing "tricks."



(Does anyone have children that do this? It drives me crazy. I spend forever trying to get a "nice smile" but she always pulls this face when the camara comes out.)

*After Chantel's wedding (the very same day) we packed up the car & headed to St. George to spend some fun-filled days with Jon's family. We stayed in a beautiful home & spent 90% of our time in the pool. This is the first time that I had really taken Jensyn & Payton swimming & they loved it! There was a fairly big drop-off between the hot tub & swimming pool & Payton was lovin jumping off of it. Within an hour of being in the pool, their life jackets were off & they were swimming fairly independently with just their floaties on. The only drawback to this trip was my childrens sleeping schedule. They don't sleep at home I don't know what made me think they would sleep on vacation:)

*Next, was 4th of July. I love the the 4th. Next to Christmas there just isn't anything better. We went to the Riverton Parade & had a family party on the 3rd. Then it was the Riverton Carnival & fireworks on the 4th.
This last picture is of Payton's shaved head. We shaved it on the 4th & on the following Sunday Payton's nursery leader told us his sweetness left with his hair. His hair has now grown back but his sweetness ???
*In July we also got to have a quick get together with my college roommates Amy & Carrie. It is amazing what 10 years can do. There was 7 kids our little get together!
*We also spent a lot of time at Uncle Justin's Pool Parties in July. The water was freezing, but we had fun!
*August started out with Jon & I celebrating our 6th anniversary. Jon suprised me dinner at Olive Garden (our first date) & a stay at Grand America. He also gave me 8 gift cards to some of my favorite places. Not 6 gift cards but 8 because it was 8-8-08. Jon is always super thoughtful, but this time he owed me. He left me alone with the kids for a week while he was on "business" in Florida & didn't get back until 8 PM on our anniversary:)
*We finished off the summer with a weekend vacation with my family to a cabin in Heber. Jon claims it wasn't "camping" & tried to explain that to Jensyn but we saw several deer & were nearly trampled by a moose & her baby. O.k. maybe not "nearly" but for a city girl, my kids got uncomfortably close to a large protective mother moose & her baby. I liked the view from the living room looking out. We went to Swiss Days while we were there & had fun relaxing in the wilderness.
*We also spent a lot of time in our sandbox this summer. Someday Jon will miss the sand in the bottom of the tub & in his sheets (don't ask me how, but the kids always managed to get on our bed shortly after they played in the sand). Life doesn't get much better than playing outside with a 2 & 3 year old.

4 comments:

MARK & CHRISTY said...

Becky I really don't like those pics of your kids!! They are so dang cute, but man they are getting way to BIG!! I love ya!! Tell Jenny and Payton #2 says hi!!:)

Shelese said...

Your kids are adorable! I saw a link for your page on Christy's, I hope that's okay:)

Leatham Family said...

Hey Becky- I read Christy's blog and heard the news. I am so sorry. If there is anything I can do please let me know. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I love you. DeEtte

2PeopleInLove said...

you changed your background--too cute!! I love it.